Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brie and Chocolate Panini


I have a confession to make. I cheated on Luke today. Think of me what you will but if this sandwich and Luke were both drowning in the ocean, I can't promise I wouldn't save this sandwich first.
Take two slices of sourdough bread, brush with olive oil and toast lightly (in panini maker or frying pan, whatev). Top the bread with a couple good slices of Brie cheese and about 1/3 cup good semi-sweet chocolate. And I mean GOOD. If you put Nestle or Hershey's chocolate on this thing I will come over there and smack you. Think Valhrona, Ghirardelli, Lindt, etc. If you're a gourmet chocolate virgin, run on over to Whole Foods or Trader Joes for a good selection. Giada adds fresh basil leaves to her sandwich but I didn't. Throw the other piece of bread on top and toast until chocolate is melted.

You're welcome. You have my permission to name your firstborn after me. Or after this sandwich. Hmmm, Brie Chocolate Wiscombe. Has a nice ring to it.

No comments: